How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
We understand how important security and privacy are to you. Here are just a few of the steps we take to protect your personal information:
- We protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in compliance with applicable laws.
- We use technologies like virus protection and firewalls to block unauthorized access.
- We use industry standard encryption to protect your information from the moment it leaves your computer until it reaches our systems. Look for the secure locked padlock on your browser, which means you are using a secure web connection.
- We will log out your account from the website automatically after a period of inactivity. This reduces the risk of others being able to access your account if you leave your computer unattended.
- We authorize our employees to get your information only when they need it to do their work, and we require companies that work for us to protect your information.
- If any of your information that we control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify you and take other steps in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- When you access the website, we (or companies we work with) may place small data files called cookies on your computer or other device. We use these technologies to recognize you as a customer; and collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk; help prevent fraud; and improve our products and services
What Can You Do to Protect Your Personal Information?
You play a very important role in protecting your information. Here are some tips to help keep your personal information protected:
- Don't use e-mail to send confidential account information. E-mail is not secure and we would never ask for this information in e-mail.
- Use a long password that is easy to remember, but hard for others to guess. You can combine 3-4 unrelated words to create a very strong password.
Never share your password with anyone. We will never ask you for your password over the phone or through e-mail.
Use the latest Google chrome or Microsoft Internet explorer browser to access our site.
- Use antivirus and firewall software to protect your computer. Keep your computer up to date and install the latest security patches.
- Stay alert! If you notice anything suspicious, please contact us immediately.
Check your credit report at least once a year to make sure there is no unauthorized activity. See below for information on obtaining a free credit report.
Jora Credit collects the personal information you provide us along with data from other sources when you apply for products, respond to surveys, request information about products or services, or otherwise voluntarily provide us. Examples of this information include:
- Date of birth
- Social Security Number
In order to enhance your experience, Jora Credit may also collect personal information of visitors to joracredit.com. This information includes how users view and interact with website content. We also collect certain types of information through automated means. This information includes:
- Device identifiers
- IP addresses
- Internet service providers
- Location information
- Referring source (how you found our website)
- Type of browser used
- Items clicked
What Type of Data Do We Collect?
We collect personal information that can be used to identify, locate, and/or contact you. We collect the following types of personal information about you:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Relationship Information that allows us to conduct business with you including information about your preferences and information that can help us offer you personalized content and offers. We may also obtain information from third-party data suppliers that helps us enhance our records
- Transaction Data about your payments, balances, and other activities with financial products or services available from us or our partners.
- Information about your interactions with Jora Credit when you:
- Use products services, or website from us or our partners. This includes information collected on this site using cookies and other data collection methods.
- Communicate with us via phone, email, text message or other electronic means.
- Opt in or out of marketing communications, offers, or other activities.
What Data is Collected on joracredit.com
Jora Credit and our third-party service providers collect information in addition to what you choose to share with us when using the website. We collect information whenever you visit the site, and this information may be stored or accessed using technology that may be downloaded to your computer, browser, laptop, tablet, mobile phone, or other device when you visit or interact with this site. This information is considered personal information, and may include:
- Your IP address, device advertising ID’s, or other unique identifiers. These “device identifiers” are numbers that are automatically assigned to the device you use to access our site and can be used our systems to identify you
- The functionality of your device, including browser, operating system, hardware, or mobile network information
- The pages you visit on our site and your activities on them, including the frequency and duration of your visit
- The location of your device
- The characteristics of your device (type, manufacturer, etc.)
- Other device data, include time of day, referral site, etc.
Jora Credit may use your personal information to:
- Fulfill regulatory and legal obligations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activity that may be illegal, violate our policies, cause harm to our operations, or compromise our security
- Verify the identify or location of an individual for security, fraud prevention or other risk control purpose
- Monitor, review, and improve our products and services
- Review our eligibility for, and the provision of, products and services you have requested from us or our partners
- Provide you information about our products and services, including changes to services and/or terms
We may also use data collected that is not directly attributable to generate statistical data and to review application trends. These reports will not contain any personal information.
We may use various cookie and other tracking technologies to collect and store usage information. There may be other technologies now or devised in the future that we may use when you engage with our website, call centers, or stores. We use these tracking technologies for purposes including:
- Strictly necessary. We may use tracking technologies that we consider strictly necessary to allow you to use and access our site. These include cookies required to prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Performance related. We may use tracking technologies to assess the performance of the site or marketing programs as part of our analytic practices to improve the activities, content, products, and services offered through the site or to detect. We may also use these technologies to review and improve the performance of our website.
- Functionality related. We may use tracking technologies to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the site, including identifying when you use our site or keeping track of your specified preferences, including the presentation of content on our site.
- Advertising related. We may use tracking technologies to deliver content relevant to your interests on the site in our marketing and on third-party services, based on how you interact with us and our partners. This includes using tracking technologies to understand how useful the content is to you.
Do We Honor Do Not Track Technology?
Our website should respond to browser “do not track” signals and technologies. We cannot guarantee that all technologies work on our website.
Third parties that have content embedded on our site may set cookies on your browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited our site from a particular IP address.
How Do You Know the Information We Collect is Accurate?
Jora Credit is committed to fair and accurate collection and use of your information. If you have any question about the information we collect and use, or wish to update our records, please contact us at 1-888-256-6083
What Do We Disclose to Outside Parties?
We may release non-personally identifiable visitor information to third-party advertising tools for marketing and advertising purposes.
Do We Collect Information About Children?
Jora Credit does not intentionally or willingly collect information about children under the age of 13. Our website, products, and services are for individuals over the age of 18. If we discover that information was collected on an individual under the age of 13, this information will be immediately deleted unless required to be retained for legal or compliance purposes.
How Do We Disclose Changes to this Policy?
This policy may change in the future. Any changes made will be communicated via a posting of a revised version to this website.