The changes in the economy have created a dire need for additional income. Over the last few years, many people have changed jobs with the changing circumstances. Additionally, the rise in inflation has triggered a need for more money just to afford the things that you used to enjoy. Fortunately, if you get creative, you can find many ways to earn extra cash in 2022.
How earning extra cash can help
Getting a part-time job or finding a freelancing side gig can provide you with more spending money. It can help you create a safety net for emergencies. Having extra cash can give you the money to start investing. It can also help you start a business or save for retirement.
If you have had the misfortune of going into debt, having extra cash can help you pay off your debtors faster. You may become financially free in less time than you thought possible. Making additional payments each month can also reduce the amount of interest that you pay on loans.
How to Earn More Money This Year
Everyone has different circumstances and preferences when it comes to earning money. Some people will find it exciting to work outdoors while others may look for a flexible job that they can do from the comfort of their own home. There are online jobs, freelance opportunities, and temporary gigs for everyone.
- Rent out a spare room – You can earn an extra $500-$600 per month by renting out a spare room. Simply tell friends and family that you have a room to rent or advertise it on Craigslist.
- Walk dogs – Join a dog walking service and get some exercise while spending time with the dogs in your neighborhood. Rover allows you to dog sit for people who leave on vacation as well.
- Start a part-time business – Start marketing one of your skills to friends and family. Get creative with your talents. There are many things that even kids can do. Teenagers have started yard sign businesses, poop scooping ventures, and babysitting businesses. Whether it is painting or coding, you can start offering your services to friends and family for a fee.
- Take online surveys – Share your opinion and earn money in the process. There are online survey websites that help you earn cash back from your purchases. Swagbucks will pay you to take surveys online. Inboxdollars will reward you for watching videos and taking surveys online. Surveyjunkie is another website that will reward your opinions with points that are redeemable for cash.
- Deliver food – UberEats and DoorDash allow you to deliver food while you are out and about. You pick up the food from the restaurant that the customer ordered and deliver it. The driver keeps the delivery fee plus any tips.
- Become a driver – Provide people who don’t have a car with a ride through services like Uber.
- Teach English online – Many companies allow you to use your conversational English to teach kids overseas how to speak English. VIPkid is an online platform that provides you with students and simple lessons to teach kids. This can be a flexible part-time job because the hours can be scheduled for early morning or late evening because of the time zone differences.
- Tutor – If you have a degree, tutoring students in your subject matter can provide a nice hourly wage. For people without a degree, you can still earn a nice amount, but you may need to stick with elementary students and charge a bit less. There are a few tutoring websites that will allow you to tutor online including tutor.com and PrepNow.com
- Sell gently used clothing- ThredUp.com is an online marketplace for used clothes. You can clean out your closet and earn a little bit more cash in the process.
There are many reasons to earn extra money and lots of options. For more ideas on ways to earn extra cash check out the Thinkflow income helper and discover side gigs that can help you earn extra income in your spare time. You could discover that your next side gig can be turned into a full-time business.
Learn more about how to get needed cash quickly here.